Get to grips to your disorganized, cluttered and overflowing closet this summer. Chances are you already have some key essential looks tucked away. If only you find them…
If you’re going to edit your closet, you’re going to need a great deal of time and a plan. Before we get started, here are a few tips:
1. Allocate some time
2. Remove all the garments out of the wardrobe.
3. Groups – Pants. skirt, shirts and dresses etc.
4. Go to one pile at a time-analyse each item in the pile by asking yourself each questions.
- Does it fit within the body shape rules
- Have you worn it in the last 2 years
- Is it in style
5. Get some garbage bag for Toss, Keep and Alter.
6. Once you’ve piled them in 3 categories – Toss, keep and Alter.
7. Put the clothes back in the wardrobe by sorting them in different categories as shirts, jackets, skirts, pants and dresses.
The reward that you get from doing this is that you have garment in your wardrobe that you now like to wear, seeing space in your wardrobe you can now put in some new seasons purchase.
If the thought of closet clean out is just too much for you- you can always call Fashion Parte (www.fashionparte.com)
If you could choose one closet to raid of anyone in the world, who would it be?
Would it be fun and flirty – hot off the runway Carrie Bradshaws? French sleek and sophisticated Carine Roitfeld’s? Or ultimate California-boho Rachel Zoe’s?
It’s a difficult one isn’t it? The options are endless…
We’ve rounded up a couple of fashion-icons’ closets we rate and wouldn’t mind raiding.
Oh, the possibilities!
Fashion Parté does not own any of these images. Images are taken from various websites.